We have compiled a list of some of our favorite Halloween entries submitted from a past contest with Riders4Helmets. Riders were asked to list their Top 10 Reasons to Wear a Helmet.
1. Horses think plastic bags are horse-eating ghosts…
2. The jump that you jumped two days ago has suddenly grown horns and is going to attack your horse.
3. They can’t put your head in a cast.
4. Sticks and stones may break your bones but a TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury) can kill you.
5. The Scarecrow could talk and dance without a brain but you can’t.
6. Unlike cats, horseback riders don’t typically land on their feet.
7. Helmets are more effective at repelling angry swooping birds.
8. You avoid all those branches, twigs, leaves & spider webs becoming entwined in your hair while trail riding, not to mention being crocked in the head by low branches.
9. Safe is the new black.
10. Even horses get spooked!
These fine looking #helmets were on TheHorse.com editor's front porch! Check out this great post reminding folks to be careful not only during harvest time, but also every other part of the year!
Remember to protect your gourd this Halloween and wear a helmet! #protectyourgourd @TroxelHelmets! (click to tweet)
- September 30, 2015