Equestrian Safety Awareness Month Giveaway
Equestrian Safety Awareness Month Giveaway
February 4, 2019
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AND RESIDE IN THE FIFTY UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA.
- Sponsor: This sweepstakes is sponsored by Troxel Helmets (the “Sponsor”) located at PO Box 68, Mt. Hope, Ohio 44660 which is solely responsible for its content. The sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook.
- Eligibility: The Equestrian Safety Awareness Month Giveaway (“the Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older as of February 4, 2019. Employees of sponsor, affiliated companies, advertising or communications agencies and the immediate family of each employee are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. Subject to all applicable federal, state, municipal and local laws.
- Sweepstakes Period: The entire Sweepstakes begins on February 4, 2019 at 9:00 A.M. Pacific Time (“PST”) and ends on February 8, 2019 at 11:59 P.M. PST (the “Entry Period”). Seven winners will be chosen within 10 business days of the close of the sweepstakes period.
- To Enter: You will need to have a Facebook account (a “Social Account”). Creating a Social Account is free, but is subject to the account provider’s applicable terms and conditions (https://www.facebook.com/terms.php). If you enter the sweepstakes or post to the Social Account via a mobile device using your wireless carrier’s network, standard data charges from your wireless carrier may apply. Your account settings on the Social Account must be set to "unprotected" and/or "public" in order for your posts or comments to Sponsor's posts to be viewable by Sponsor.
During the Sweepstakes Period, take one of following actions on the Facebook post shared by Troxel Helmets on their Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/troxelhelmets) to enter. The action must appear in the original post's comments to be eligible:
(1) Share a photo of yourself wearing your favorite Troxel helmet
(2) Leave a tip about how you stay safe while riding
(3) Share a personal experience about a time when you had an accident with your horse
Your post(s) will be referred to as your “Submission.” Your Submission need not include any reference, positive or negative, to Sponsor’s products or services. By posting your Submission, you agree that it conforms to the guidelines, permissions, and content restrictions below, and that Sponsor may disqualify you if it believes that your Submission fails to conform.
All entries are subject to verification by the Sponsor. Entries that do not meet the requirements specified or otherwise do not comply with the Official Rules herein may be disqualified. Any attempted form of entry other than as described herein is void. Sponsor will determine in its sole discretion, what constitutes a valid entry. All materials submitted become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
Permissions: Entrant must have permission from any recognizable individuals (or their parent or legal guardian, in the case of minors) who appear in the Submission to use their names and likenesses in the Submission.
Content Restrictions: The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights; The Submission must not contain content created by a third party, such as images or artwork; The Submission must not prominently feature brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor, which entrant has a limited license to use in his/her Submission in this Contest; The Submission must not disparage Sponsor or any other person or party; The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, offensive, indecent, obscene, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous; The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age; and The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where Submission is created.
- Sponsor's Use of Submissions: By posting a Submission, you represent and warrant that the Submission complies with these Official Rules and you grant to Sponsor (and its designees) a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submission, in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate the Submission into other works, in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will be asked to sign documentation for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission.
- Winner Selection and announcement: Winners will be selected randomly. Selections will be made and announced within 10 days of the close of the contest period. Selected participants will be notified via a private message or public comment on Facebook. The selected participants will also be announced on Troxel Helmet’s Facebook Page on the original post.
Selected participants will be required to respond via email to the Sponsor within 48 hours of being notified. Selected participants must provide a valid mailing address where the selected prize can be shipped to and size selection. If a selected participant is unreachable during the designated time period the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. The list of prize winners may be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Troxel Helmets, Attention: Equestrian Safety Awareness Month Giveaway, PO Box 68, Mt. Hope, Ohio 44660.
- Prizes. A total of seven (7) prizes will be awarded at the close of the sweepstakes period. Selected participants will receive a Troxel Spirit Helmet from the new 2019 collection (ARV: $52.95) at a size of their choice. All prizes are non-transferable and there will be no substitutions or cash alternatives. All decisions by Sponsor are final. All prizes will be awarded “AS IS” and “WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,” express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Any taxes, fees and expenses relating to the acceptance and use of the Prize not specified are the responsibility of the prize recipient.
- Odds of Winning. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
- Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each entrant’s consent to Sponsor’s use of entrant’s name for promotional purposes in any media (or future marketing purpose), worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- Release. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for: (1) technical delays or failures of any kind, (2) unauthorized human intervention during any part of the Sweepstakes, (3) technical or human error during the administration or processing of the Sweepstakes, or (4) any loss, injury, or damage caused, whether directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from downloading data or otherwise participating in the Sweepstakes. By entering into this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its’ subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each company’s officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- Additional Terms. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond the Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes or, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The Sponsor reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Applicable Laws and Jurisdiction. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Ohio, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in or near Mt. Hope, Ohio. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of Ohio and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Ohio. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys' fees) associated with participation in this Sweepstakes and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.